(scroll down for important information and upcoming activities)
We want to welcome you and your student to Jefferson Middle School. This year both you and your rising 6th grade student is invited to our Sixth grade orientation during the day on
Wednesday, August 23rd from 12:30 – 3:00 at your new school. You and your student/s will participate in individual sessions designed to help with the transition into middle school. As a part of the day’s activities there will be an opportunity to meet his/her teachers, to understand and ask questions regarding the workings and expectations of his/her team teachers, meet the principal, assistant principals and guidance staff. As well to practice following a daily schedule and familiarize yourself to encore schedule and the school! Please see an itinerary on the back of this letter.
Again, we welcome your child to middle school and look forward to your family participating in orientation day.
SIXTH GRADE ORIENTATION
August 23, 2017
12:30 – 3:00
First half of Sixth Grade Orientation
12:30 – 12:45 – Arrival Time
· Parents report to the Gym
· Students report to their homeroom with class schedule (Students must bring
12:45 – 1:15 – First Session
· Parents will participate in the Administration Presentation
· Students will have student session with team teachers
1:15 – 1:20 – Travel time
· Students will travel to the Gym (Student/Teacher Guides will be needed for this)
· Parents will report to their student’s Homeroom teacher’s classroom. Map and
itineraries will be available.
1:25 – 1:55 – Second Session
· Students will participate in the Administration Presentation
· Parents will have parent session with team teachers
1:55 – 2:00 – Travel to Connection Points
· Upper pod student and parent’s connection point will be in the Gym
· Lower pod student and parent’s connection point will be in the Auditorium
Second half of Sixth Grade Orientation
2:00 – 3:00 – This will be a non-structured time for:
· Students and parents will visit encore classes during this time for a brief introduction. You will need to have your student’s schedule.
· Check on Bus assignments/needs (media center, Steve Blair)
· Guidance for schedule corrections (not changes)
· Snack (Cafeteria, provided by PTA)
· PTA will have a table in the lobby
· Spirit Wear will be available for purchase in the lobby
SEVENTH AND EIGHTH GRADE ORIENTATION WILL BE BETWEEN 5:00-7:00.
SIXTH GRADE TEACHERS WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE DURING THE TIMES ABOVE.
FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL IS MONDAY, AUGUST 28, 2017